of WeNeverWalkAlone™, hereinafter referred to as the “Platform”.
The Platform consists of a web portal, mobile applications, social media channels and services related to the maintenance and operation of the same.
- Ownership: The Platform is owned and operated by Velan Solutions LLC, hereinafter referred to as the “Company”, which is registered in the state of IL and having Office(s) in Schaumburg, IL.
- Improper Use: The user shall not use the Platform in any manner prohibited by any federal, state, or local laws, rules, and/or regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, the user shall not use the Platform for any abusive, fraudulent, or deceitful purpose, or that in any way damages the Platform's intellectual property.
- Content Harmful or Offensive to other participating members or any other parties: The user shall not upload, download, post, share, disseminate, distribute, publish, transmit, transfer, or otherwise disclose ("Disclose") content that is or is likely to be unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, threatening, harmful (including malware and viruses), invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, hateful, and/or otherwise offensive to other participating members or any other parties.
- Infringing Content: The user shall not Disclose any content that may infringe on any intellectual or proprietary right(s) of any party including that of the Platform's and Company’s.
- All traffic to and from the users devices to the Platform’s servers happens over secure HTTPS/TLS transport layers. We would still highly recommend users to avoid public WiFi service wherever possible to minimize the risk of user credentials getting hacked or compromised. The Platform is designed to use very minimal data bytes (almost negligible in relation to most frequently used productivity apps like email, social media, instant messaging, photo sharing, etc.) and hence mobile cellular connectivity is more than sufficient to access and use the site effectively.
- The participating department administrators are held to a higher standard because they can manage their department’s roster in the Platform. Extra caution is recommended when editing/updating the records and while storing/retrieving the admin user credentials.
- Mutual Indemnification: Existing and future members (agencies, Officers, civilian staff, mental health professionals) of the Platform agree to indemnify and hold each other harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, losses, causes of action, damages, lawsuits, judgments, including attorney’s fees and costs, to the extent caused by or arising out of or relating to the work, errors, omissions and/or operations of the other party.
- Intellectual Property and Confidential Information: As a user of the Platform, you have a non-transferable, limited, revocable license to use the Platform. You may not reproduce, modify, distribute, transmit, display, perform, transfer, sell or publish any of the contents of this Platform without the prior written consent of the Company, which may be withheld, conditioned or delayed in its sole discretion. In doing so, you will not remove or alter, or cause to be removed or altered, any copyright, trademark, trade name or service mark or any other proprietary notice or legend appearing on any of the content. You must not attempt to reverse engineer or attempt to interfere with the operation of any part of this Platform. The Company retains all their right, title and interest in and to all patent rights, inventions, copyrights, trademarks, know-how and trade secrets relating to the Platform. the user shall not at any time, directly or indirectly, Disclose or use for your own benefit or gain any of the Company’s "Confidential Information", as defined below, without the Company’s express written consent. You also agree that you will undertake all necessary and appropriate steps to ensure that the Confidential Information will be maintained confidential. Upon termination of this Agreement, you agree that all Confidential Information and any other documents, records, notebooks, and similar repositories containing any information or other property of the Company shall be destroyed immediately. “Confidential Information” includes, but is not limited to: (a) User-specific information that is generally only accessible by the users; (b) information that is clearly marked or otherwise designated as confidential when Disclosed; and (c) other information normally understood to be confidential and not fully disseminated in the public domain.